Some Distinctive Features of Artificial Legs Produced by TIDF
1. Originality : They can be produced with low-cost technology.
2. Attractiveness : They are made to resemble with natural
3. Comfort : They are comfortable to wearers.
4. Short Course : The wearers can be familiarized with
the new limbs in a few days.
5. Speed : The part of the limb below the knee can be
produced within 2 hours. The part above the knee can be produced
within 3 hours.
6. System : The limbs can be mass-produced.
7. Cost : They are 10 to 20 times cheaper than imported
Some Specifications of Artificial Legs Produced by TIDF
1. The artificial legs produced by TIDF won't sink and won't
rust because the foot is made of plastic inside covered with
polyurethane on the outside. The modular is made of stainless
steel and aluminium.
2. Our artificial limbs have suitable weight. However, it cannot
be reduced to the point under its carrying capacity.
3. It fits well and won't rub against the skin of the leg stub
because of the polyurethane.
4. Our limbs allow good ventilation because they have more voids
than resin or pelite.
5. Our limbs can reduce the pressure on the leg stub because
there are four flexible joints on the ankle made of urethane,
which act as the tendon.
6. The length is adjustable at the part of the leg that is made
7. Each of the parts are adjustable, they fit the physical shape
of the wearers.
8. The parts are entirely made by the TIDF team within the Kingdom
9. With the budget of 2 million baht, TIDF can produce enough
limbs for the whole amputees in Thailand